Tuesday 24 September 2013

Scary September - toward the home stretch.

Well we are coming to the last week of Scary September with some great results from fearless jumpers.

Here is an update:

Nothy Lane from Aft Agley has progressed on a lovely faux suede four button jacket. Love the colour and lushness of the jacket. Check out her progress here



Becki-C from Beccabeck Stuff has completed a beautiful feminine Marfy blouse as item 2 for her wardrobe.
Have a closer look at her site.





Lynda from Lynda's sewing and SWAPs has put a toe in the waters of Scary September. I say put a toe in as she is doing bras - which to her isn't very scary (TERRIFYING to me) but finds fit a bit of a problem. So she has inadvertently joined. She is making great progress on her bra - check it out on her site.





Sarah Liz from Sarah Liz Sew Style has been a busy girl  - dare I say it  - serging ahead  - with yet more challenges for herself.

The next one she conquered was using the sure-fit system to self draft a skirt.. and the results are great. Love that skirt.



Another thing Sarah Liz is working on is learning all of the changes needed to take any pant pattern and use a pant block to make them fit her. Here is a peek..



Check out the rest of her progress on her blog.

Valerie from Valerie's own sewing blog is straight off the blocks (Doh) with her pants block. She is onto part 3 and using a flexible curve measure to measure the crotch of RTW jeans to help her get the best fit. I would love to show a pic but the option to copy pics on her blog is disabled. Please go over here to check out her progress. If you are interested in doing a pants block you will find it fascinating.

I have only done updates for those who have sewing to show on their blogs. If I have missed you - please let me know.

As for me...... the originator of Scary September ..... very scared indeed. I did a trial and it didn't work - forgot to lower the bust - did do an FBA but not a LBA (Lower bust adjustment). So I thought I would give it a rest and do a StyleArc dress - Slip on Suzie - and that didn't work either - may be salvageable or may be a wadder - don't know yet. Sewing mojo scared right out the door. Oh well - next Saturday is my sewing guild day where I do the class so I am hoping the mojo comes back by then.

21 comments:

  1. Oh dear, BeaJay - you go and chase that Sewing Mojo and bring it right back! Yes, a perk up will do you good - sometimes I find I have real mental blocks with some things, and keep making mistakes. There are sometimes so many things to remember with alterations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it will come back - I think some fabric retail therapy might help - Knitwit has just released their summer stock and some looks ooh la la.

      Delete
  2. I have failed at my attempt to make my own bras this month. Too many other time consuming work-related projects... I did complete a seventeen hour sewing project for my ex, and my bank account is happy, but my lingerie drawer is looking sad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometime you just have to put business beofre pleasure Alison, it will still be there later. I really admire those who can work with those small bra pieces.

      Delete
    2. I admire anyone who even attempts bras. Next month maybe.

      Delete
  3. Don't throw away your dress yet. I had a wadder that I left hanging in my closet for a month, and then one day -- out of the blue -- a way to fix it came to me, and I was able to salvage it. I did get rid of one dress, but now I'm thinking it might have been possible to salvage that one, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't thrown it away. It will require some thought and patience.

      Delete
  4. I unknowingly joined Scary September by finally sewing my first pair of trousers--just finished them last night, wore them today and blogged them tonight. Saw your post about Scary September in someone else's blog roll. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyle - hope you enjoyed reading my blog. Trousers are difficult. Over to your blog to check them out.

      Delete
  5. Oh BeaJay I hope you sewing mojo returns soon because October is just around the corner (no pressure there) Im sure your Saturday class will give you a kickstart. I am on my last piece of the mini wardrobe the skirt has curves in, why did I choose a pattern with curves is beyond me, Im struggling with it, reminds me of how I am dreading that bra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great progress. I look forward to checking it out.

      Delete
  6. I'll see you on Saturday - I'm sure that Suzanne Grey will inspire some mojo, she's a whirlwind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This challenge needs to be an annual thing. You've made it fun to sew again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - so glad you have enjoyed it - that brings me great pleasure.

      Delete
    2. I've been so busy this past week or so, that I've decided to give myself one weekend more in your challenge. Pleeeease make this an annual event.

      Delete
  8. Hope the mojo comes back soon! I have not completed my mini wardrobe but have 2 pieces made and have just posted about my first piece. The wardrobe will still happen but not to the contest schedule. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how it goes. The best laid plans. Glad your wardrobe will still be finished.

      Delete
  9. Dear Lady! I hope your sewing Mojo to be back very soon, I really really enjoy reading your blog and your adventures in sewing. I'm going to look around on the progress of all these beautiful ladies you share here. Have a wonderful weekend, dear Bea Jay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosy. I love to read your blog too. Full of so many lovely smiles and sunshine.

      Delete
  10. Totally understand Valerie. Would pee me off too. All your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate your feedback and your interest.